We are CineCentral. And we film here!
What exactly is CineCentral? Well, the CineCentral Filmmakers Society (formerly the Hub City Cinema Society) is a community organization run by filmmakers for filmmakers. As a society, we want to empower filmmakers by creating access to the relationships, education, tools and resources that they require to make films. We host a variety of events frequently providing filmmakers with opportunities to connect, learn, and collaborate.
Where is here? Here is Vancouver Island and we're based in the central location of Nanaimo.
The society is open to everyone, amateurs and professionals, interested in all aspect of filmmaking – acting, scriptwriting, directing, cinematography, lighting, sound, music, etc. Become a part of a supportive community of passionate individuals that work together to create great entertainment and art.
Community creates opportunity - opportunity to connect with other filmmakers who share your passion, opportunity to find the resources needed to create your films, and the opportunity to share your films once they are created.
- To create and foster opportunities for filmmakers of all kinds to connect, network, and build relationships.
- To nurture a thriving local cinema culture along with a creative and supportive environment for filmmakers.
- To foster and support the creation of filmmakers’ work.
- To support filmmakers with the promotion, dissemination, and exhibition of their work.
- To cultivate an understanding and appreciation of the art of cinema through discussion and exhibition.
- To provide artistic and technical development opportunities for filmmakers.
- To cooperate with other organizations, in furtherance of the above purposes.
The CineCentral Filmmakers Society is a registered non-profit society under the B.C. Society Act.