One Minute Mobile Movie Challenge!
The CineCentral Filmmakers Society is excited to announce the Sixth annual One Minute Mobile Movie Challenge! The challenge, if you choose to accept it, is to create a 1 minute short film using a mobile phone and you have two months to make it! This challenge is open to everyone on Vancouver Island. We look forward to seeing the creativity of filmmakers of all skill levels!
This year ALL of the one minute shorts will be screened at CineCentral's October online film festival. After premiering at the festival, the audience will get to vote for their #1 favorite 1 minute mobile movie.
This year we are including 3 Prizes!
An award from our secret judge for top film.
An award for top performance.
And of course the audience favorite will receive the Selfie Award and a $100 cash prize.
Top Three winners will be shown on the big screen as a part of Cinefest in January.
1. Tell a story!
2. One Minute not including credits. Your story must end at 1:00. Your credits may go past the 1 minute mark.
3. Shoot on a Mobile device (phone or tablet).
4. Include the Key Word in your movie ("Dream").
5. Include CineCentral Challenge logo (See Right)
6. No branded content. No coarse language, sexual, or over-the-top violent content.
7. Movie must be shot on Vancouver Island.
8. Must include 10 second Behind-the-Scenes clip to prove your use of a mobile phone.
To Submit: Send a link to your movie to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a 10 second behind the scenes video (proof of phone use and to be used as possible promotional material). Use Dropbox, Google Drive, or Youtube.
2020 Winner: "Bro in a Box" by Good Bestwick and Todd Cameron
2019 Winner: "Daughter" by Todd Jones
2018 Winner: "Snail" by Maxwell Dowie
2017 Winner: "Twinsies" by Veronica Jones
2016 Winner: "The Dash-Hound" by Peter Hudson