CineCentral One Minute Mobile Movie Challenge!
THE KEY PHRASE for 23/24 IS:
"Let it Snow"
1. Tell a story!
2. One Minute not including credits. Your Movie must end at the One
Minute Mark. Your credits may go past the 1 minute mark.
3. Shoot on a Mobile device (phone or tablet).
4. Include the Key Phrase "Let it snow" in your movie.
5. Include this years CineCentral Challenge logo (See Right)
6. Please, No branded content, No coarse language, sexual,or over-the-top violent content.
7. Movie must be shot on Vancouver Island.
8. Must include separate behind the scenes clip or Image to prove your use of a mobile device.
* You Do Not Need To Be A Member To Compete, But it is highly Encouraged. *
The CineCentral Filmmakers Society is excited to announce the Eighth annual One Minute Mobile Movie Challenge!
Can you create a One Minute Film? Are you able to make it on your phone or mobile device? Will you be able to incorporate this years Key Phrase?
Vancouver Island film makers have until Jan31st to edit and submit their films. This challenge is open to everyone on Vancouver Island. We look forward to seeing the creativity of filmmakers of all skill levels!
This year, 2023-4, ALL of the one minute shorts will premiere at CineCentral's Febuary 2024 online film festival.
During premiering at the festival, Audiences will get to vote live for their #1 favorite 1 minute mobile movie and that film Wins Big. The audience favorite will receive the Big Prize of the coveted Selfie Award and $100 ! So best to have everyone you know tune in. Check out our Facebook pages for broadcast links.
The winner will also be shown on the big screen as a part of CineCentrals Cinefest in January.
To Submit: Please Send a link to your movie with your name and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a 10 second behind the scenes video or photo (proof of phone use and to be used as possible promotional material). Please Use Dropbox, Google Drive, or Youtube.
If you or anyone you know would like to sponsor a Prize or Become a judge, please Email Admin@cinecentral.ca
OUR PAST SELFIE WINNERS!
2022 One Minute Mobile Challenge Winners
Phrase "Once upon a time"
The 2022 CineCentral One Minute Mobile Film Challenge Selfie Award went to: Fin.
Written and Directed by Matt Haley
Starring Blaine Nosworthy, Jaia Rayelle, and Ronin Nosworthy
This 2022 CineCentral One Minute Mobile Film Challenge Best Film award went to: It's Not The 80's.
Written and Directed by Leslie Hopps DeSchutter.
Starring Leslie Hopps DeSchutter, Stephen Bishop, Alex Gilmour, and Brook DeSchutter
This Years Best Actor award went to: Leslie Hopps DeSchutter in It's Not the 80's.
2021 Selfie Winner "Tub"
2020 Winner: "Bro in a Box" by Gord Bestwick and Todd Cameron
2019 Winner: "Daughter" by Todd Jones
Phrase "I'm sorry"
2018 Winner: "Snail" by Maxwell Dowie
Phrase "Ill Be Back"
2017 Winner: "Twinsies" by Veronica Jones
Phrase "On Second"
2016 Winner: "The Dash-Hound" by Peter Hudson
Phrase "Just a Minute"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does it really have to be a minute? - yes, the submitted narrative cut of your film must be one minute in length. However credits are not counted in the timings. we expect complete run times to be up to up to a at least one minute and a few seconds
- My Film is longer than a minute is that okay? - Keep that version for other festivals (we know a few) or submit it for the CineCentral Cinefest and and please refer above.
- Can I submit more than one film? - Of Course.
- Can I use the event organizers as Cast and or Crew? Yes, because the selfie award is awarded by our audience day of the festival, However that is the only award the film will qualify for.
- I don't live on Vancouver Island is that a problem - We ask that the films submitting party be from Vancouver Island or one of the surrounding islands and that the bulk of the film be shot on, above, or around the island. with that party member present.
- What is Too risque? - Plenty, when in doubt leave it out , or you may be asked awkwardly for a re-edit. A daytime general audience is the one were providing for and if you DO have any questions about that, feel free to ask, they may just show up here.
- Does it have to be humorous? - No. We accept all Genres and encourage you to tell the story you want to tell.
- Who owns the rights? - All rights remain with their respective film makers and they have soul discretion in what they do with their work, further showings or exhibition will be handled on a case by case bases.
- Can I Use Copyrighted Music? - We ask you kindly not to. Email us if you need music resources or need to find a composer.
- I'm a Musician, Can I make a music video of my own song? - Yes.
- Can I submit at Midnight The day of the cut off - Yes.
- What If I have Edits to make after I submit? - We do accept edits, request some too, however unless requested the version received as of the cut off date is the version the Judges will be judging.